Friday, June 6, 2008

6/4/08

Yesterday we had another meeting and acquired a list of our assignments. There are 12 which are basically writing about our observations and impressions of several things, people, and places. They are: Mapping our block, Community Inhabitants, Establishing Rapport (Meet a Thai 1), Key Concepts (Meet a Thai 2), The Park, The Restaurant, The Club, The Temple, Chatuchak Market, The Day, The Night, and The Shopping Mall. I’ll probably give you more detail about all of these as I complete them. I slept a lot yesterday. I was just so tired from a mixture of let lag, the time change, the heat, culture shock and my body trying to heal from getting cut into on Friday morning. For those of you who haven’t heard about that, I had a mole that came back pre-cancerous and had to have a couple centimeters of flesh cut out of my stomach and I have 8 stitches. There’s a beautiful park down the street from where I’m staying and we went and checked that out yesterday evening. It’s landscaped really nicely with a great ½ mile path, fountains, lots of benches, and even music playing. Every evening at 6 hundreds of people show up for aerobics! It’s intense and these people have amazing stamina and hardly break a sweat. We may try it but will probably end up providing more entertainment than anything else. All for now!

No comments: